Sustainable packaging solutions
- Increase the use of renewable raw materials in our films
- Offer recycled alternatives for all our films
- Offer products that are easy to reuse, recycle and dispose of
- Ensure full readiness to produce recycled and renewable films
- Reduce annual plastic spill and secure 100% re-use rate
- Use fossil free and renewable energy sources
Optimised use of plastic
- Provide customers with information on new raw material alternatives
- Continue to downgauge and reduce film thickness
- Support customers in identifying optimal use of our films
Responsible value chain
- We act responsibly in society and respect human rights
- We strive towards an accident-free work environment
- We encourage our employees to present new development initiatives
Measuring our carbon footprint
We are all aware that we leave a carbon footprint, but what does it mean exactly? How is it measured and which elements of Rani Plast’s operations are responsible for our footprint?
These two diagrams help explain the results of a life cycle analysis (LCA), conducted in 2019, which measures our carbon footprint.
The bar graph illustrates the difference in carbon output between a packaging film made from virgin polyethylene and the same film made from 50% recycled polyethylene. It shows how we can reduce the carbon footprint by increasing the share of recycled plastic raw material in our packaging films.
The pie-chart breaks down Rani Plast’s operational carbon footprint into its constituent parts revealing that transport and electricity are the two biggest drivers of carbon emissions. Rani Plast has already taken measures to reduce its carbon footprint by switching to 100% renewable electricity sources. The company is aiming for carbon neutrality by 2035.
Clients seeking further clarification and information about the carbon footprint of specific products should contact our sales team.
Our sustainability report sums up the actions we have taken over many years to minimise our environmental. The report also provides our customers and partners with valuable information about how we can work together to protect and nurture our environment.Read the full report here
As the leading Nordic producer of smart packaging solutions, Rani Plast takes responsibility for a more sustainable future. Sustainability lies at the heart of our business strategy, which aims to develop best practice for manufacturing the highest quality, most sustainable and environmentally acceptable products. Please familiarise yourself with our corporate Sustainability Policy to find out more about our principles.Read our Sustainability Policy here (pdf)